The Ripple coin XRP is now one of the fastest moving digital currency in the internet today. Ripple was invented back in 2004, but it only came into the public domain in 2012. The Ripple XRP currency has now gained its popularity among the masses for many reasons. One of the reasons being Google and many other popular brands who are investing on it, thus making it trustworthy among people. Another reason is its price differentiation. Bitcoin being, the most popular cryptocurrency is quite costly compared to Ripple. So, many people tend to buy the XRP coin due to its low-price factor.
Exchange wallets are a risky as well as a safe option for storing the XRP balance. Most users think that it is a risky way since the funds are associated with a third party trust. But on the other hand, many users suggest that it is a safe and secure way of exchanging wallet funds because of its popularity. Few popular exchanges:
The Ripple Wallet on the other hand is a global network for cryptocurrency transfer that too within seconds. Some of the most popular and best Ripple wallets are discussed below.
Best Ripple Wallets
Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S is a hardware Ripple Wallet and looks like an USB device that can be attached to any computer, laptop or a mobile phone through a digital cable. Cost of Ledger Nano S is $99.
- It supports multiple cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.
- It has a 2-tier authentication system.
- PIN code and Recovery Seed.
- Highly secure wallet.
- An OLED screen.
- A double-tap button.
It is quite popular because of its simple interface and can be used in iOS, Androids, Windows, Mac, Linux and so on.
- No transaction fees. You need to have 20 XRP in your wallet to start.
- Simple to use.
- Supports multiple platforms.
- It has a backup recovery feature and a PIN code that makes it a highly secure wallet.
Guarda is one of the best wallets especially for Android and iOS users. One of the unique features of this wallet is that it does not store any personal data or information about its users. As soon as you log out, the private key gets erased.
- It supports multiple currencies.
- It can be used in mobile as well as all the possible web browsers.
- It maintains full anonymity of the users.
- Allows secure movement of assets without any KYC verification or user identity authentication.
Atomic Wallet (Sponsored)
Atomic Wallet is a new multi-asset custody-free solution for secure storage and management of XRP, BTC, ETH, XLM, LTC and over 300 other coins and tokens. The crypto assets and features are regularly updated. Private keys are securely encrypted on a user’s device, so one has full control over their funds.
The desktop app is available for Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora. Private alpha versions of Android and IOS mobile apps will be released in October, 2018.
Atomic Wallet is a secure all-in-one, non-custodial cryptocurrency storage with a smooth and comprehensive interface. The wallet supports Atomic Swaps, a cutting-edge feature that helps users significantly save on fees. Atomic wallet also enables users to buy cryptocurrency with USD and EUR and exchange their assets at the best rates via Changelly or ShapeShift.
GateHub apart from XRP and BTC, it supports many other digital currencies like ETH, ETC, DASH, etc. Here users can buy Ripple coin as well. But there is a unique condition. First users have to buy BTC, then convert it into Ripple or any other currency supported by the wallet. GateHub has been working for quite some time now and is popular among the users who trust the wallet. It is also quite easy to use.
Cryptonator is a web-based wallet and can work on Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.
- The platform is available round the clock and users can use it any time.
- It supports 19 currencies including Ripple, Bitcoin, Ethereum, DASH, Litecoin, ZCash, etc.
- It is a free wallet and does not charge any transaction fees.
- A simple interface.
- Provides bank-grade security with encrypted SSL connection.
- A two-tier authentication process.
Launched in February 2018, Edge Wallet is a mobile wallet for Androids and iOS. Edge Wallet allows you to exchange fiat into crypto and vice versa as well as exchange between other cryptocurrencies by just using your mobile phone.
- Here users first have to sign up and create an account with a username and password. Only after that they can use the mobile wallet.
- There is a one-touch two-factor authentication process for further verification and security.
- Easy to use interface.
- Easy swap among cryptocurrencies using the latest Spaceshift Technology.
- Supports multiple cryptocurrencies.
- Open source-code.
- Allows crypto trading.
Based in Canada, CoinPayments is a wallet cum an exchange platform. Here just like a bank you can open an account and store currencies and it supports more than 100 altcoins. The transaction fee is as low as 0.5%. Here you can not only store and exchange crypto coins, but also do online shopping. Interestingly, there are many online shopping platforms which are accepting CoinPayments as their mode of payment.
- No fees for joining.
- Withdrawals and deposits are 100% free.
Exarpy allows users to use the Ripple Network.
- It can be used in all devices.
- Easy interface.
- Fast and secure.
- 025% XRP transaction fees.
- Users use a PIN code to login.
- A helpful customer service.
Ripple Paper Wallet
This is for people who still believe in traditional paper-based storage of information and are not comfortable with web browsers or desktop applications. People need to be very careful and usually should have multiple copies of the paper wallet in case of loss or damage. Users also need to be completely cautious about using private keys and verification codes for safety.